It's hard to believe another month has slipped by, but Audrey is 9 months old now! Her personality is really beginning to develop, and it's clear that she has a very different personality than Jackson. We've decided that if you try to figure out which of the 5 love languages (words of affirmation, quality time, receiving gifts, acts of service, and physical touch) are most important to each of them at this age, Audrey's would be quality time, and Jackson's would be physical touch closely followed by words of affirmation. Jackson has always loved to be hugged and to give hugs. A pat on the back goes a long way for him. Audrey on the other hand, doesn't care much for a hug. I think it just interferes with seeing what's going on around her. She wants to be with you though. There's no doubt about that! She wants to watch and talk and laugh and play. It will be interesting to see if their love languages change as they grow.
Here are Audrey's milestones for the month:
- She is an expert crawler as you can see below.
- She pulls up on everything, stands unsupported for short periods of time, and is cruising around.
- She is becoming a climber...today we found her sitting on top of one of those huge packages of toilet paper as we were unloading groceries.
- She has 5 teeth with a 6th that has just been waiting to pop through for a while now.
- She is eating all types of table foods including meat...Lupe Tortilla is one of her favorites!
- She drinks from a straw.
- She waves "hi" and "bye".
Here are a few pictures of our adorable 9 month old! There are more in the album.
Audrey loves to put everything in her mouth...something Jackson rarely did, so we have to keep a closer eye on what she's trying to grab!
She doesn't mind sharing yet though.
Daddy knows how to make her smile!
Our beautiful little girl...